Join us for a visit to Herdade do Mouchão, a rare opportunity to visit a historic estate producing wines of excellence and distinction using traditional methods.
Mouchão is known not only for introducing the Alicante Bouschet grape to Portugal, but for the consistently excellent way it produces internationally acclaimed wine from this ‘most Portuguese of non-Portuguese varieties’.
Unashamedly traditional, the wines at Mouchão are still made in the 120 year old adega, foot trodden in stone lagars, hand pressed using the original 1901 presses, and aged in barrels produced on the estate.
Against the stereotype of Alentejo wines as easy-drinking, Herdade do Mouchão has gained a worldwide reputation for its distinctive wines capable of serious quality and longevity.
Join us to explore this historic estate and taste some of greatest wines, not just of the Alentejo, but of Portugal.
- Visits available: Mon-Fri throughout July and August.
- Cost: €40 per head, assuming at least 4 people.
- Price: includes tour, tasting and tapas-style lunch.
- Transport: can be arranged, contact us for details.
- To book: Email us at email@example.com.
Read more about Herdade do Mouchão…